Fish Gang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gal w/ an big angel, a tetra, a ram, 2 catfish, and a big pleco. They all get along very well w/o any troubles. So, I decided to go to PETCO and I got a long, eel-looking loach to add. The fish obviously didn't like their new tankmate because they killed it in a day. They pecked off his fins and left him dead and beat up in the bottom of my talk. I don't intend to add to my fish community. But, I want some nice, broad-leave plants (anubias, ect.). I have the right lighting, but I dont kno how to deal with plant nutrients, CO2 and stuff like that. I need help with that b4 i get my plants.

You don't need to worry about CO2 unless you get into the mid to high light plants (anything over 2 Watts per gal). Anubias do not need CO2 or high light. I keep one in a 5 gal with 10Watts of incandescent light. It is thriving. While my crypts and java fern died off, the Anubias is growing more and more leaves. :D I dose twice a week with Nitrogen but that's just beacuse the tank is only stocked with 1 Betta. But besides that, no extra nutrients.

I have power compact lighting(55watts) a little over 2 watts/gallon w/ 1 bulb on. I had some little ferns that had little yellow spots on them. I just added Flourish Excel daily for nutrients. Sounds like I should'nt have had any troubles if I go get some Anubias. Since I don't need CO2, what other nutrients would they need?

Back
Top Bottom