fish getting smaller...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a tetra that did that. I wasn't sure at first if it was shrinking or if it was just me. Eventually it got really thin and small looking. I'm not sure what caused it, but it did not live long.

I am going to guess that it's stress as my other angel is picking on it lately. I have noticed that the tip of the fin has been chewed off as well. What should i do? is my angel dying on me?

do you have another QT tank? Maybe the angel is stressed from the other picking on it, youmay have to remove it.

i dont have a QT but maybe i should get one. When you say remove it, am I to remove the one that is being bad, or the one that is stressed?

you would have to remove the one being picked on.. because the other one is healthier and more dominant.. thats what i would do anyway.

Remove the stressed fish. The other angel will not let up on it, as a matter of fact it will annoy it even more, if it sees that the other fish is weakening. How big is this tank?

The tank that I have is 90gal. When the smaller angel gets better, and i reintroduce it to the bigger tank, will the same thing happen again? Should I go and get a couple more angels? do they work better with more than 2?

Yes, that is why I asked what size tank. Get a couple more to divide the the tough ones attention and you should be find, and as added benefit a school of angels looks great. They are my favorite fish.

if the more dominant angel was picking on several fish you should remove that one, but if its only 1 you should remove the picked on one.

thats about right isnt it?

Back
Top Bottom