Fish Go Crazy For Mysis Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHIFT_Unique

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have never seen my fish swim so eagarly, as they did today when they got the first taste of mysis shrimp in their 8 months of life. they love it so much they fed from my fingers.

i had to pinch them in half because they are too big, whole.

Will try pieces of freeze dried krill next, for some vibrant colors.

Which product are you using? I've been using mysis flakes for some time now, but it never gets that kind of reaction...

I fed mine Mysis shrimp twice so far and I have to agree - you could hear the "WHOA ! that's good stuff !!" they must be thinking LOL. I'll have to try the hand feeding LOL
I bought frozen from Petsmart.
FYI - I've read that mysis have a high fat content and therefore should be fed only very occassionally

joannde said:
I fed mine Mysis shrimp twice so far and I have to agree - you could hear the "WHOA ! that's good stuff !!" they must be thinking LOL. I'll have to try the hand feeding LOL
I bought frozen from Petsmart.
FYI - I've read that mysis have a high fat content and therefore should be fed only very occassionally
its the only thing I feed my SW other than those that will take flakes...

dont bother with freeze dried, you wont get the same reaction as with frozen.

they also make frozen krill and bloodworms, which if you shop right, you get the same amount or more in a bag than what you would in a bottle of freeze dried for the same price

IMO freeze dried are just flakes, and nothing beats frozen (except live)

My fish all love frozen Mysis as well, even my picky discus can't resist.

Toirtis said:
PE Mysis, all the way....been using their product for years now...gives great conditioning, growth, and colour in your fish.

the the brand i have "PE"

I understand that Mysis are almost a staple food for SW fish.
What is a "safe" frequency to feed them to FW fish ?

Back
Top Bottom