Fish going crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glene20

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just came home and one of my dolmation mollies were spinning on there head and there whole body was just rotating constantly. Then eventually it stopped. Fish still looks a bit wobbly . Did a quick bit of research. Came up something called whirling disease. Anybody ever hear of it and is there a cure and can it be transmitted to my other fish?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Changing water? How old is the tank? Have a test kit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Water is perfect. Never had any problems like this. Havent had a fish die in over 3 years. This is a new fish added tho. Maybe a week ago

Just the one fish is displaying the whirling?

Yeah just the one molly. Rest of fish seen perfectly fine. Im just afraid its some sort of disease that can affect the tank. Have some fish a long time now. Wouldn't like to see them become ill

It's probably just all messed up from the lfs tank.. in the future condenser quarantining fish added to a well established system? I'm not sure what it's displaying is contagious, think it's nitrite toxicity, it may have hosted some other nasties in its weakened state though.

Seems to be okay now. It could have been a one off thing. I will monitor the fish over the next few days and see how things go.

Back
Top Bottom