Fish id and some questions please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
Saw this at store. Store guy had no clue about its name but he confirmed they are peaceful and not nippy. I bought 9 and put them in my tank and my angel gone crazy. Not just normal nudge but tried to eat them. I could never expect that as they are twice the bigger than cardinal tetras which angelfish showed no interest in. Angel sucked one half inside and let it go because obviously he couldn't eat them as they are big. It was a scary site as I am very sensitive to such things.

Anyways i took out angel and put him in another tank but my question is that shall i give angel some time out and re introduce him to tank with these fish or shall i keep angel alone from them. Also which fish is this please?

https://youtu.be/OT0c_lGdx1M

Please help. Thanks.

Those are silvered tipped tetras [Hasemania nana] .
Angels can be trouble .Just like you though he would never eat your cardinals he went after something even larger .Hard to see it coming but it is coming.
Angels can be very unpredictable but predicting he will eat your cardinals and proving it can take as long as he wants . The only purpose the angels serves is to scare the little fish into schooling tighter [they are hoping he eats the one next to them !].
I would keep the angel separated...

Those are silvered tipped tetras [Hasemania nana] .
Angels can be trouble .Just like you though he would never eat your cardinals he went after something even larger .Hard to see it coming but it is coming.
Angels can be very unpredictable but predicting he will eat your cardinals and proving it can take as long as he wants . The only purpose the angels serves is to scare the little fish into schooling tighter [they are hoping he eats the one next to them !].
I would keep the angel separated...
Thanks a lot Coral. Angelfish is very unpredictable really. I love them so much but really they always give me trouble. I have seperated him. Will see what to do with him. I could never imagine he would try to eat them. Maximum i was expecting some chasing like don't come to my territory boys but he was after them to eat them and the action was so fast that he killed one and sucked one half and them spit. Glad others are saved.

Back
Top Bottom