fish ID help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cpiman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need some help getting an ID on some fish that were given to me. Im not sure what they are.

ForumRunner_20130904_191358.jpg

ForumRunner_20130904_191423.jpg

My guess: Black tetra, AKA black skirt tetra, high-fin black skirt tetra, and black widow tetra:
Black tetra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seems like you have a coloured one too. Maybe pink or orange or redish. Cant see clear enough in picture. Not sure if its a bleeding heart (bleeding heart tetra normally have small red dot on both sides, which I don't see on your fish) or something else.

Cant really tell from pic.

Hi, the pic isn't amazingly clear and I'm still new to the hobby but some could be black skirt tetras if you want to Google a picture for comparison. Good luck and happy fish keeping :)

Sarah

Thanks for the input. Here is a better picture of em.

They were given to me because the person that had em had em in a glass bowl and I could not take that! They are in my QT 10gal for now then will be put in my 75.

ForumRunner_20130904_193703.jpg

They were given to me because the person that had em had em in a glass bowl and I could not take that! They are in my QT 10gal for now then will be put in my 75.

View attachment 196408

Black Skirt and maybe a White Skirt?

Also big props for using a QT tank (y)

Well its all thanks to AA. I have learned so much here. I thank all of the people that make this site so wonderful.

It all started with my wife bringing home a gold fish and a betta. I had no idea how to take care of a fish. I went on google and found this site thank goodness! .I now have a 75gal that is wonderful to sit and watch.

Here is a picture of my 75. Been up and running for 4 months now.

ForumRunner_20130904_201016.jpg

I have both these , id say black skirt and white skirt tetras , how many of each do you have ? They can be a bit fin nippy if not in groups I had 5 now sadly 4 , and they are great fun to watch , I'm planning on more once I upgrade to a 100g or more ..

We have those colored tetras at one of my LFS's. they're called Strawberry Skirted tetras or something like that.
As for the others, they are 100% black skirt tetras :)

Back
Top Bottom