Fish ID please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After that last pic that is an CAE. I gotta wonder with all of the issues with them why are they so widely available?

I suppose for the same reason that channel catfish and common plecos are available... they sell. :/

They sell them pretending they are cleaners, but I just think they don't know you must have 100g+ tank to hold them on long term...

In my case I kept a Gyrino (CAE) for 1 years in a 10g with 10 tetra neons and he was only cleaning and hiding, no problems with it...

If I may... A polite word with the staff will go a long way with facilitating a return or exchange. Everyone makes mistakes. If you are polite with the staff and they still won't accept the fish for a return, then I would get a little less polite. :)

It's gone back, probably be in another 10g by tomorrow though, I started off all nice and friendly, I said I wanted to return the fish because it wasn't suitable for my mums tank, and that's where it all went down hill...

"If it wasn't suitable why did she purchase it?"

I saw red... But stayed calm explained that it was a member of staff that gave her the advice but after looking into it it's not suitable for a tank of her size.

"Then you really should get a larger tank, we can't refund the full price of the fish because it's been exposed to your tank and may die when we QT it, so I can offer you 50% store credit"

That's when I lost it...

I told her with a few choice words "that if she bothered to train her staff we wouldn't be here, I told her that my tanks are cleaner than her shop, I told her my water is most probably of higher quality, and finally I TOLD HER THAT I AM getting a full refund, and store credit is useless because I wouldn't be shopping here again.

Needless to say I got my money back. ;)

Back
Top Bottom