Fish ID please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was a severum. I was hoping not. When I saw it in the store it was a silver color.

-Colin

I have a gold severum, I just was hoping for something different. How are severum a in planted tanks?

-Colin

I have a severum in my planted tank. She does fine for the most part.

If a new plant is introduced she has to go check it out and give it the clear but she seems to only bother really expensive plants.

Yours doesn't look like 100% severum to me though. It looks like some kind of hybrid, maybe a convict/severum hybrid.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I don't think its a severum at all. I have seen something that looks like this with the turned down mouth but cant remember. It may be a convict X though.

I don't think its a severum at all. I have seen something that looks like this with the turned down mouth but cant remember. It may be a convict X though.

I agree I don't think it is a severum either. I have also seen this fish before but cant remember what it is. I think it was on the SA/CA MFK quiz page I will have to go back and look.

Its also not a severum hybrid. Severums don't breed with anything other than severum. I know people say they are part of what makes a parrot but that isnt accurate either.

Found something like it. Not exactly but google madagascar paretroplus menarambo. Shows stripes when it is stressed otherwise no stripes.

Back
Top Bottom