Fish id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait54

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is this? My friend got it he says it's mostly a bottom dweller and has a large mouth I love the color!!!!

It'll have to be tomorrow sorry like I said its a friends fish. Hopfully som1 can ID this guy.

Sure looks like a Cyprinid, but I definitely don't think it is a goldfish. I wish I were more help here.

I think its a giant platy thats great great grandfather had a wild night with a goldfish lol

jetajockey said:
It looks like a goldfish to me, but I'm far from a goldfish expert. I do know they come in different colors, and there are mixes of white/gold ones.

Are goldfish bottom feeders with large mouths?

Are goldfish bottom feeders with large mouths?

Yes, they are, but I guess it depends on how we are defining what a bottom feeder and what a large mouth is. I feed goldfish pellets regularly and they spend a lot of their time rooting around substrate. I know some people actually suggest against smaller gravel because goldfish have a tendency to get it lodged in their mouth.

I'm guessing goldfish by the pic, another clearer pic would definitely help, but the coloration and basic shape screams goldfish to me, or something closely related to it.

Back
Top Bottom