fish ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unskilled

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello i am looking for ideas of what to use as my what the heck is that fish
my wife got me a 55gal tank that i plan on stocking with
8-tiger barbs
3-bala sharks
1-rainbow shark
2-clown loaches
1-pleco

i am looking for one more and was thinking of a fire/peacock eel but not sure how to go about closing off the filters and holes to keep it safe so i am looking for other ideas

also i know the bala sharks can get very large and if they do my LFS will take them for me

what type of filter r u running ??? r there any problems concerning filter holes n fire eels ??? the only difficulty is that if u're using substrate, such as gravels, for ur planting media, then it will be very2 ard to find that eel, since it will be hiding underground [mine does, n having trouble finding it T _ T']

Ditch the bala sharks, clown loaches, and plecos.

Bala sharks do best in 75gal+ tanks... but you already stated that thye get large.

The clown loaches would be ok in the 55 when young, but need 75-120+ gallons when they get larger. They need big tanks with alot of flow if you want thme to grow properly.

If you get a pleco, DO NOT GET A COMMON PLECO (the ones labelled "pleco" or "plecostomus") Get a bristlenose pleco instead.

Make sure you research alot before buying, it makes all the difference, it will be easier for you and for the fish.

Back
Top Bottom