Fish Identification: What Fish Is This???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enginegeek21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Me and my brother went to our backyard creek to try to get lunch "Trout." We accidentally foul hooked this small fish (Approximently 2 1/2 inches) and its color resemble a rainbow trout. I think its some sort of minnow species, but i'm not 100% sure. Whats your thoughts??? The picture listed below shows the fish we caught...

Thank You,
Bryce

Attachments

• 20190722_142352.jpg
    20190722_142352.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 78
Not sure that's a trout. Did the fish have teeth on both the top and bottom of the mouth? No teeth and it's not a typical trout.
That said, a little more info on where it was caught, i.e. which river or lake system in this state, should help eliminate fish as much as suggest fish species. (y)

Not sure that's a trout. Did the fish have teeth on both the top and bottom of the mouth? No teeth and it's not a typical trout.
That said, a little more info on where it was caught, i.e. which river or lake system in this state, should help eliminate fish as much as suggest fish species. (y)
It was caught in a creek out of the current. I didnt see teeth.

Back
Top Bottom