What is this fish I have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndJustice4A11x

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! First time poster.

I've had a few fishtanks. Me and my girlfriend started up a community tank a little over a year ago.

We were looking around at petsmart, got some African dwarf frogs and I wanted to get a pleco. So I found some small ones that they had for sale and told the lady I'd like one of those.

But when I looked I realized she got me the more expensive fish in the tank and marked it as the cheeper pleco. So I didn't correct it but I do wish I could remember what this guy was called!

He doesn't come out very often so I just happened to have snapchat opened and took some stills of the video I took in hopes for a proper identification!

I have a feeling he will outgrow this tank quite quick. He's at least tripped in size over the past few months.

The face is kind of hard to make out but he has a few cat fish like bristles coming from the sides. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220728-135718_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220728-135718_Gallery.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220728-135623_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220728-135623_Gallery.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20220728-135413_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220728-135413_Snapchat.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 36
Hello! First time poster.

I've had a few fishtanks. Me and my girlfriend started up a community tank a little over a year ago.

We were looking around at petsmart, got some African dwarf frogs and I wanted to get a pleco. So I found some small ones that they had for sale and told the lady I'd like one of those.

But when I looked I realized she got me the more expensive fish in the tank and marked it as the cheeper pleco. So I didn't correct it but I do wish I could remember what this guy was called!

He doesn't come out very often so I just happened to have snapchat opened and took some stills of the video I took in hopes for a proper identification!

I have a feeling he will outgrow this tank quite quick. He's at least tripped in size over the past few months.

The face is kind of hard to make out but he has a few cat fish like bristles coming from the sides. Any help would be appreciated!
Hello, it's a feather fin squeeker or lace catfish(synodontis eupterus). It's a type of upsidedown catfish native to the white Nile rivers & other places in Africa.
Can be kept alone or in groups 3+ in order to spread aggression. If kept in pairs one will harass the other to death.
They can live on flakes & pellets but love fresh veggies like raw cucumber & boiled deshelled peas. Hopefully this helps you!!!!!Screenshot_20211213-083626.jpg

Hello, it's a feather fin squeeker or lace catfish(synodontis eupterus). It's a type of upsidedown catfish native to the white Nile rivers & other places in Africa.
Can be kept alone or in groups 3+ in order to spread aggression. If kept in pairs one will harass the other to death.
They can live on flakes & pellets but love fresh veggies like raw cucumber & boiled deshelled peas. Hopefully this helps you!!!!!View attachment 323769

Thanks that helps alot! I thought it was a pleco so he's been eating algae wafers. But makes sense to why he came out to eat my frogs food!

Yeah, I phoned Petco for 2 peppered coridora catfish to go in a 10gal fish tank. When they grew to about 3+inches I knew something was wrong.

Found they were lace cats & needed a bigger tank(29gal+). So long to short I became attached & bought a used 55gal just so I could keep them. My beginning journey into bigger tanks & fish.Screenshot_20220429-090158.jpg

Back
Top Bottom