Fish in a Motor Home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quixote

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm retired USAF living full-time with DW in our motor home. We usually settle in one place for a few months during the winter, and roam around the country the rest of the year. I'd like to have a pet, but dogs/cats don't fit us. I'm thinking a small tank with one or two fish. The tank will have to be little, and placed in the sink when we travel. The thing is, the temperature in the motor home has some really big swings. When we're parked and off exploring, I couldn't justify running the generator for A/C for the comfort of a couple fish. I might be able to solve the chill with the use of a low amp draw aquarium heater, if they make one for a goldfish bowl! Does anyone here have a suggestion for a fish that can withstand the temperature changes I'm describing?

First off, welcome to AA

Now on to your question; I don't think you going to find much of anything that will fit the conditions you are describing. There are tropical fish that will stand higher temps, and native fish which will tolerate the lower temps, but I doubt your going to find anything that will handle both extremes. Couple that with a lack of moving water and a very small aquarium and you've pretty much eleminated almost everything. Thinking about it, I can't even give you a suggestion.

Wy Renegade said:
First off, welcome to AA

Now on to your question; I don't think you going to find much of anything that will fit the conditions you are describing. There are tropical fish that will stand higher temps, and native fish which will tolerate the lower temps, but I doubt your going to find anything that will handle both extremes. Couple that with a lack of moving water and a very small aquarium and you've pretty much eleminated almost everything. Thinking about it, I can't even give you a suggestion.

Have to agree but maybe a 2.5 little tank with a Betta but I don't know if it could live with temps. I would wait on more responses.

Back
Top Bottom