Fish in cycle ( didnt know about fishless cycle)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Water tested at Petsmart

29 gallon
Ammonia 3
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
Ph 6.8
Alkalinity 40
Hardness 75
After results I did almost 1/3 water change and added prime ( all fish and fry are doing well ) I just added java moss yesterday. I also have two filters in one with carbon and one with carbon removed plus a bio wheel and these little white rock things in a bag my da gave me called biomax. Tank has been up running since aug 1st and I was adding stress Zyme during water changes .

Did 50% water change on 10 gal after results of
ammonia 1
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
ph 7.2
Alkalinity 40
Hardness25
10 gal has1 small filter from 2.5 since it was longest running tank two filters one with carbon and one without and small amount of the rock things ( I diveded it between 29 gal 10 gal and 2.5 because it was for a much larger tank than my tanks combined) I used some stuff called cycle something for a week like bottle said .( also used a little of it instead of normal conditioner on a few water changes for other tanks ) tanks been up since aug 15

I'm considering getting a test kit but have to wait until payday plus I owe money for rent and my dad because if unexpected expense I had to pay .

My 2.5 gal has been running maybe 2 weeks before aug not sure . Has 3 small carbon inserts an small amount of Rock things split between other tanks
Ammonia .5
Nitrate 0
Nitrate 0-20
Ph 7.2
Alkalinity 40
Hardness 25
I did a 50% water change

I have added prime to all tanks So far I have not lost any fish for almost a week
(I had bad batch of females from a different Petsmart than I normally go to and didn't know quarantining them ) all my tanks just got moss added. Do you think the 2.5 is cycled? It's been running over a month

.. the 6 moth old used filter from 9 months old 55 gal r helping my 29 and 10 gal
water tests for them is
Ammonia .5
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Ph 7
Alkalinity 60
Hardness 75
2.5 is odd (was adding coral calcium) Had same amonia nitrate nitrite as others
Ph 8
Alkalinity and hardness 100

And all had no chloramine or chlorine
Last water change was Monday
This was Petsmart free with strips

I will get a kit tomorrow an do water changes tomorrow to be safe while safe on weekend conference

Definitely like my API Master Kit. Paid 40$ at my LFS but they are on Amazon for ~20$

Back
Top Bottom