Fish-less Cycle 36 gal. Bow Front

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper828

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all! Finally setting up my tank. Hope to start cycle after while. Any tips along the way would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank Ya!!! So far I got about an inch and half of flora max in. Couldn't find the eco complete, hope this will do all right. It had some packets of "bio-magnet"....not to sure what to do with that. Any way Ill keep a check here and update as I progress......

1zvqws0.jpg

2rz4b53.jpg

Alright!!! Got water in the tank. I'm gonna go get my plants here in a bit. Just gonna take a break. Haven't dosed ammonia yet. Should I wait till plants are in or go ahead? And should I shoot for 5ppm or 4ppm?

ok.......Aug. 10 2013,4:50pm

ammo. 4.0
ph 7.6
nitrite 0.0
nitrate 0.0

Tank looks great. For some reason Can't upload.....???? Took pics ever step of the way..kinda disappointed.

I've read that article many times...

Just checked the ammonia... its a touch darker than 4.0 think it'll b ok?

While you reading.... what's the best way to clean the test tubes? Are there any more of a accurate test ? I have the API master kit.

I've used the API test kits since the 80's probably. I know it's the one I've always used and it IMO is as good or better than the other brands. I actually just rinse my tubes out and shake the excess water out. Then let them air dry. You don't want to use anything in them as residue could alter or react with the chemcials you use in them.

Back
Top Bottom