fish shopping for the first time in 6 years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
My tanks are pretty pathetic. Old age is taking its toll on my fishy friends.
The Mbuna tank is down to 3 inhabitants--Daktari, Marmalade cat, and multipunctatus. I would like to see the tank go species with Marmalades, but we will see.
The short, wide 50 has 3 yo-yos and a few Kuhlis left. Definitely picking up some pygmy cats and a clown pleco. Here's where the question comes in--what's new? For those that don't know me, I have kept many, many, many fish and then I became a mom.
I'm not interested in super fancy, and honestly, if it were up to me, I would buy 40 pygmies and call it good! What's cute, has personality, and stays small?

Last edited:
might have found a ton of things that has changed. there been so many small fish coming into the hobby. i dont even know where to start from rainbows tetras apistos tetras rasboras....

Thanks! We have had Celebes Rainbows and apistos while in Calgary, where the fish shops were amazing!
Rasboras might be something--since we haven't kept them before.
Shopping in two hours! I will let you know what I find.

Good luck! Keep us updated! Have you considered Endlers livebearers or honey gouramis?

Back
Top Bottom