fish size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2manyFish

Aquarium Advice Activist
How long does it usually take for most fish to become full size?

I think it depends on how much, how often, and what you feed them, and your water quality. If you feed heavy they will grow faster, and if the water is better they grow better. Curious as to what others say on this as well.

twoodrough said:
I think it depends on how much, how often, and what you feed them, and your water quality. If you feed heavy they will grow faster, and if the water is better they grow better. Curious as to what others say on this as well.

Genetics as well but that falls on where you got them from breeders sometimes breed fish to be small and others large. I have seen a guy breed 10 inch oscars so that they can fit 55 gallon but he also breeds 14 to 18 inch oscar. So that does play it's part but you can still get a 16 inch from a 10 inch mom and dad. Make sense?

If they are still in you 29. It's a good idea to re home them to a larger tank. A specially if you still have all of your other fish.

Yea im currently lookin to buy a 55 or 70 gallon tank sometime within the next month

2manyFish said:
Yea im currently lookin to buy a 55 or 70 gallon tank sometime within the next month

Yeah anything bigger will help

Got my 55 gallon and all the fish seem so happy. I'll see if any get bigger now.

Back
Top Bottom