Fish Starving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jllapin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an 8 gallon nano tank, heavily planted, perfect water conditions, about 6 months old. I have around 15 cherry red shrimp and 3 Danio Erythromicron. The Danios are extremely timid and are always in the part of the tank that is farthest from me when I am in the room. Even when I feed them they don't come out. One died yesterday and I am wondering if the food drops to the bottom, gets eaten by the shrimp, and they are not getting any. Do you guys have any suggestions or ideas?

I would imaging it has something to do with the tank being too small and there being too few of them.

What is your water change schedule and parameter measurements?

Nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia were all just about 0. I do a 1/3 change every 1-2 weeks.

Well if youre feeding them then its not starvation. They will outcompete shrimp for food 10 times out of 10.

That leaves disease and injury. Disease is directly linked to water parameters and mechanical injury is obvious. If you dont want to answer the question about water parameters then theres nothing anyone can do to help you.

I've answered the water question twice, in the original post I said perfect water conditions and in my second post I said "just about 0" because the colors on the tests matched the 0 readings as far as I can tell without a numeric readout.

How long has the tank been set up for now and how long have the danios been in there. Did you use them to cycle the tank.

Also, if you have had them a while is this a recent thing that they hide and not come out to feed or has it been this way since you got them.

Back
Top Bottom