Fish Survey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cbcrash

Aquarium Advice Activist
Answer these Qs to ensure we have as much information as possible about your ailing fish and its environment:

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability oranda yawning, white patches on wen, black Moores eyes cloudy and protruding, 2 ryukin fins folded and curled, along with swollen abdomen and sbd, white fantail had ich lost part of tail on one side, other tail starting to curl, is deformed chocolate oranda orange spots on one side of his body. View attachment 154935

2~What are your tank parameters? Both tanks ammonia .25 everytime, nitrite 0 for both, nitrate 5.0, high range ph 7.4 for both roughly

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up? Both 75 gallon, one tank, few years, other tank with orandas and fantails 6 months

4~What type of filtration are you using? One tank 2 emperor 400s, gonna add in a fluval 405 too, other tank penguin 350, emperor 400 and a fluval 305

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes? 4 in one 75, 7 in the other. Treating 2 in sick tank. All fancy goldfish, range from 3 inches to 6 inches oranda, ryukins and white fantail the largest. Oranda and fantail together, ryukins in other tank with black Moore and one common with telescopic eye.

6. When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? Today half the water, vacuum gravel everytime, rinse carbon filters in water i i take out. Do a water change once a week. Other tank yesterday same way, vacuum, change water, rinse carbon. How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time? Once a week both tanks. 25 percent to half the tank.

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them? Have had all fish for years.

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc. salt, coppersafe, at water changes, prime or stress coat/zyme. ?

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently. An assortment of food, give them variety, feed em twice a day something different every day, kelp flakes, oranda pellets for wen growth, frozen blood worms, freeze dried krill, tubifex worms, blood worms. Brine shrimp, daphnia, goldfish flakes with garlic, veggie flakes, packaged seaweed, immune system pellets, algae wafers, I also have medi gold, ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not for nothing but you should break that up so its easy on the eyes and not bunched all together. I can't make heads or tails of this and why this is even a thread. Sorry... Just being honest.

Example:

Question 1. What type of fish do you keep

Question 2. What size tank are your current fish in.

Question 3. What is your feeding schedule like

Question 4.

Question 5.

So on and so and so on....

It's easier on the eye. I had a hard time following the post and where the new questions was and old on stopped.

Just my opinion.

Thread edited for ease of reading. The attachment did not work for me. If you can repost the picture that would be helpful. Are you using liquid tests or strips? One thing you can do that certainly won't hurt is to do a few extra water changes. I did read you did one today but doing another in a couple of days can not hurt.

Without a picture it is hard to help. If you need help with posting pics feel free to contact myself or anyother staff member via pm.

Reactions: jlk
Back
Top Bottom