Fish swimming around crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

academyy_xx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My black banded leporinus is swimming up and down the tank really fast in an almost circular motion. She does this always on the right window of the tank.Should I be worried?

If it's a new fish, she is just sizing up the tank. I tend not to worry about these things. It takes some fish a while to understand that the reflection they see is their own. Also if you rearrange the tank, they fish have to relearn the area. I've noticed my fish have certain swim patterns, when I move things around, they have to find new routes.

Wroberson said:
If it's a new fish, she is just sizing up the tank. I tend not to worry about these things. It takes some fish a while to understand that the reflection they see is their own. Also if you rearrange the tank, they fish have to relearn the area. I've noticed my fish have certain swim patterns, when I move things around, they have to find new routes.

+1. I did my water change this past Friday & did a little re-arranging to vac under the decos's & when I was done my CAE's, especially the big boy, went nuts for a while because I had re-arranged his cave. They do that same circular/lap swimming your talking about but then settle down in a day or so.

Yeah I've only had her for two weeks. She will do this sometimes for almost an hour though. I didn't know if that was uncommon.

Back
Top Bottom