Fish switcheroo who 2 move?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have had quite a week. lol and now this.....

I am thinking of swapping some fish around amongst my 2 or maybe 3 tanks. Lemme see if I can share my thoughts.

Issue #1- I have a new 29g biocube with a scooter dragonet. I know he can't survive for long on the pods in there since its a new tank. I gave him a bag of pods today and am trying to grow more.

Issue #2- I have 2 oscellaris and 2 b&w's in my 55g. Since the orange ones have started hosting my elegance coral the female has been harassing everyone in the tank. especially the male b&w. My royal gramma hasn't been out for days, the blenny is even in hiding.

Solutions or swaps:
1: move the 2 oscellaris into the cube and/or put the scooter into the 55g.
2: move the b&w's into the cube with the scooter
3: wait for it all to settle down and do nothing yet

Concerns are that the oscellaris will harass the scooter in the cube. also worried that the b&w's won't do as well in the cube, they were pricey and my first sw fish.

Any ideas based on my LONG story? or any angles I didn't think of. I have tried to return or rehome the scooter all day and no one will take him. i am hesitant to rehome the bossy oscellaris, what happens to her mate? Or would I have to rehome them both?

As a side note, I intend to get a 125g up and running later this year.

I thank you all who have read thru this!!

Well I took another option. I moved the pair of oscellaris over to an empty 29g. No rock just sand. :-( I figure I'll move the coral out that they have been hosting and maybe the females attitude will change when I put them back in.

Back
Top Bottom