fish tank coffee table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexp08

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I stumbled onto this fish tank coffee table awhile back on walmart.com. naturally i dont trust much that walmart sells. But it seems to be available from multiple other retailers. Anyways. Has anyone had experience with one of there? I cant find much info on it.
Amazon.com - Midwest Tropical 675 Square Aquarium Coffee Table - Aquariums

Here are my questions
how is the filter?
How do you clean it?
Feeding?
durability?
Elegance?
Etc.

If you have on, please post pictures!

For that kind of money I'd get a big display tank that puts the fish closer to eye level.

Most fish aren't very pretty from above.

"Elegant" is a matter of taste. The only way it would meet my idea of elegant was if it were full of aquarium plants. But even then I'd prefer a display tank at eye level.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

For that price id make my own much better coffee table tank. This one seems rather difficult to deal with.

With only 2 reviews, one being 2 star and the other 4, I'd say it's a piece of junk. When asked how many gallons and the answer starts with "I believe..." It's a good indication to stay clear of it. Mebbid and trennamw bring up some very valid points as well !!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Geez, the price doesn't really work out well.

Totally agree on height. Last glass table got broken as well.

Maybe nicely coloured shrimp might work? Some sort of bottom dweller.

This is going to sound weird but I find the idea ... Disrespectful? There's just something that feels off about putting living things in a piece of furniture down on the floor. Furniture you put your feet on and spill your coffee on.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

It would be a better idea if the water was flush up against the glass. That way you could view it from the top and you wouldn't have to lay on the floor to see anything in it. Sort of how the fluval tanks are made.

Back
Top Bottom