Fish through the mail online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi,
I had a diatom thread yesterday and it was recommended I get a couple of Ottos. Hard to believe but in all the lfs I have been to in Chicago none have any. As a matter of fact there is not a great variety of fish in the city. Does anyone have any experience ordering fish online? I am a little wary of the idea and have no experience, does anyone have any experience, tips or good sites for this? How do they come in the mail?
Thanks in advance

I would send a PM to Severum Mama ... Other members have raved at the quality of the fish when they are delivered.

Severum Mama has a nice selection. I have never heard anything bad about her, shipping fish. If u still need some inspiration to do it PM mfdrookie516 because he ordered some fish from SM.

Most of my fish come from online purchases. I have used aquabid.com but prefer fellow members on sites like this.

They have to be shipped over night, so shipping is usually expensive. There are some good sites, however I'm drawing a blank right now. Someone will definitely comment with some

Guess I didn't think of ordering from this forum. If you all are happy with SM I'll give it a shot. If I also consider someone else are there things I should look for as far as what the site says they'll do or how they'll do it?

Amicus said:
Guess I didn't think of ordering from this forum. If you all are happy with SM I'll give it a shot. If I also consider someone else are there things I should look for as far as what the site says they'll do or how they'll do it?

Check their guarantee, ask what they do if all the fish r dead, and ask us to see if anyone has anything to say about them. :)

Fishman13 said:
Not all live aquatics have to be shipped overnight.
Really? I've never ordered, but when I go to it always has over night shipping automatically set

Back
Top Bottom