Fish Trap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acewiza

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my Convicts spawned a couple months ago and now there's waaaaay too many fish in the tank. I found a pet store that will take them, but I can't catch the little suckers! I don't want to take everything out of the tank to make net fishing easier, either. That's what I ended up doing last time, but it was a smaller tank and much easier to do back then. Anybody know of a humane trap that can be purchased or made for this purpose? As of today the baby convicts are the smallest fish in there, but that's obviously not going to last much longer unless I do something about it.

TIA!

i don't know how big are the fishes,but just an idea you can try this snail trap,last time i put one in my tank but only with one side entry and the next morning there was abou 4 rummynose inside the trap..

http://youtu.be/6hjQRTUalwQ

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Very awesome, Caludio - many thanks! I am going to give this a try and post an update with pics if it works...

Works Like a Charm!

Today must be my lucky day. The first empty plastic bottle I pulled out of the trash was right-sized with a conical intrusion already in the bottom. I embellished your design a bit by adding a handle to grab it off the bottom with my landscaping fork, and a couple little clips on the cover to make removing the catch a bit easier and quicker. There were three fish munching away in there within minutes of dropping it in the tank. After an hour, the first pull came up with 10. I should have them cleaned out within a few days now, assuming they don't get wise to it. :cool:

FishTrap01.jpg

FishTrap02.jpg

i'm glad it helped you,by the way that is someone else video that i found on youtube just to give you an idea...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom