Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Planted Odyssey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few rare photos of the Kuhlies, and one of the Cherry Barbs:

TbaEnLd.jpg

1KDrTjT.jpg

taOGUBT.jpg

I ordered a pot of Crypt wendtii "Green" and two pots of Crypt balansae, as well as some Crypt known as Crypt Sri Lanka. The growth will be emersed, but it won't matter 6 months down the road. After researching the dwarf variety of Val, I decided that the growth would be too chaotic to handle--the goal is for low maintenance. Crypt balansae is a plant I've been wanting for a while, so I'm glad I finally found a place for it. If a leaf gets too big, I'll just get the handy scissors out. After planting, I'll probably order the background.

I ordered a pot of Crypt wendtii "Green" and two pots of Crypt balansae, as well as some Crypt known as Crypt Sri Lanka. The growth will be emersed, but it won't matter 6 months down the road. After researching the dwarf variety of Val, I decided that the growth would be too chaotic to handle--the goal is for low maintenance. Crypt balansae is a plant I've been wanting for a while, so I'm glad I finally found a place for it. If a leaf gets too big, I'll just get the handy scissors out. After planting, I'll probably order the background.

Shame your so far away! I just removed 4 crypt balansae from the 60g. Awesome plant! Be prepared, once it hits the surface it grows so fast lol you'll have leaves the full length of your tank before you know it haha [emoji16][emoji106]

Shame your so far away! I just removed 4 crypt balansae from the 60g. Awesome plant! Be prepared, once it hits the surface it grows so fast lol you'll have leaves the full length of your tank before you know it haha [emoji16][emoji106]

The leaf shape and texture has always interested me. I think it'll add a nice tough to the background.

I got the CO2 reactor up and running today. As of the moment, I've seen no bubbles. I'm currently running it at 1 BPS.

The leaf shape and texture has always interested me. I think it'll add a nice tough to the background.

I got the CO2 reactor up and running today. As of the moment, I've seen no bubbles. I'm currently running it at 1 BPS.

Nice! Yea I made my reactor a little bit small, I get the odd bubble coming out but it's pretty rare. I'm running 3bps at the moment (massive overkill) but I have no live stock so why not lol

I was searching through the archives of Photobucket, and I found a throwback of the tank from 2013, which was when I was just getting into planted tanks.

Was wondering what crypts(?) you had at back of tank in first pic? Got some that look similar maybe.

It is a combination of Crypt wendtii "Red" and Crypt wendtii "Bronze". The underside of the leaf is the main aspect that differs at the moment, with one having a red undertone and the other having a bronze one.

I have the black background on its way. I just went with the Water Colors background that I'm common with. I'm thinking besides fish, it'll be the last decorative purchase for the tank.

It is a combination of Crypt wendtii "Red" and Crypt wendtii "Bronze". The underside of the leaf is the main aspect that differs at the moment, with one having a red undertone and the other having a bronze one.

Thanks! Always wondered on the colours as it just said 'assorted' types at shop.

So I had one of those late night tank adventures that we are all accustomed to. I took off the blue background, which took about an hour and fifteen minutes, and put on the new black background. The blue background was very difficult to remove, but with some patience, I was able to get it off. There are two trouble spots with the new background, but they are less obvious than what you all saw with the blue background, and are mostly shielded by the NL Java Fern. Everything, and I do mean it this time (haha), has been planted. It's just a matter of waiting on the emersed Crypts to transition. I may get some fish this weekend. I'll post some pics after the next water change.

Looking forward to the new pics [emoji106] backgrounds can be such a nightmare of the tanks too close to the wall lol

Looking forward to the new pics [emoji106] backgrounds can be such a nightmare of the tanks too close to the wall lol

The three inches of working space didn't help, but I think it was worth it. I won't be changing the background out again anytime soon though. It'll be nice not to mess with the tank now and just perform weekly maintenance.

I added a male-female pair of Apistogramma agassizii "Double Red" to the tank a day ago. So far, so good. They have been eating and from what I've seen, have claimed a territory in the tank.

Time for some pics!

Apistos:

9Q983Vm.png

zgukWbJ.jpg

9CEkdjZ.jpg

6cppoVg.jpg

XW7GMNV.jpg

Tank Photos:

1N7xJ7W.jpg

JtQ4zht.jpg

6Mdjudu.jpg

c8eQijR.jpg

008QIBE.jpg

FTS shots:

CFgOnhM.jpg

QYpUHaw.jpg

prAF6SM.jpg

Some of the Buce is starting to take off. I'm waiting to see if the Crypt wendtii "Green" and Crypt Sri Lanka will root in and stop melting. If not, I'll find some replacements. What do you guys think of the tank with the black background?

Background looks heaps better! Loving the tank [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom