Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Planted Odyssey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics:

First submersed Anubias leaf

Marsilea minuta

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Pics:

First submersed Anubias leaf

Marsilea minuta

Nice pics Fish...Hope you have better luck wit dem buces than I did...all melted except the catherinae sp ...slow growers,pretty sure I had 3 diff shrimp empires rise & fall before I saw new growth...
I'll have to speculate that they did not like glut....

sit in silence...

Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Low-Light Tank

Nice pics Fish...Hope you have better luck wit dem buces than I did...all melted except the catherinae sp ...slow growers,pretty sure I had 3 diff shrimp empires rise & fall before I saw new growth...
I'll have to speculate that they did not like glut....

sit in silence...

This tank has no glut/excel dosing (just pressurized CO2), so I'll be interested to see if your speculation is correct. I sure hope they do well; they're beautiful plants.

Buces work just fine in my tank. 60litres. 12ml glut daily

Hmm... Tiger, maybe the Buces didn't like something in your water? I could never get Ludwigias or Hygro sp. to grow well in my tank.

It seems like the crypts that I got from Han's, with the exception of the balansae, aren't going to live. They're completely melted. That's disappointing ☹️. One of my favorite fish stores usually has nice crypts though, so I'll just get some there. I still don't know if the Dwarf Sag will live.

I've never been able to keep buce's either. They take off and die.. the crypts I got from Hans are doing extremely well though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My buces were doing great in my 29, my ulu kappaus from Hans went from 6 to 12 leaves in a a couple weeks. Then my brother decided to throw in some pond snails and rescape my tank :(. The ulu kappaus now has 3 leaves.

Think buce's are pretty sensitive to parameters.

Think buce's are pretty sensitive to parameters.

Yeah, think they're sensitive to changes too, in parameters, placement and dosing

Could it be they are just not suited to high tech? High light?

I would think so with a similar growth rate to anubias...leaves collecting bba & such..
Lowtech offering seemingly constant params when maintained well..

sit in silence...

If the Buces don't do well in my tank, Plan B would be operation Anubias nana petite. We will see in a couple weeks if these plants adjust well to my tank. Hopefully they will.

The Dwarf Sag is a goner. I'm not sure if I will order from that place again. I might just stick to AA and fish stores.

Is it normal for Buces to melt when first introduced into a new tank? A couple of mine are doing that right now.

Is it normal for Buces to melt when first introduced into a new tank? A couple of mine are doing that right now.

absolutely, now hope they come back.

Suffered no melt what so ever to any of my buces. Not a single leaf melted

Back
Top Bottom