Fishicide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amazonkc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I don't know if this is the right section. While I was having a shower my betta hopped out of his 10 gallon tank onto the floor. There were some old cob webs back there and I don't know how long he was back there. My question is... Will he be ok? And should I do anything for him.

He should be okay. I suggest keeping his lights off for a day or two to let him calm down from the excitement, and add some stress coat if you have it available.

Bettas are very good at jumping, even through the tiniest spaces. Always make sure to have a lid on the tank with all the holes covered with something. I silicone Craft mesh to my good around any openings to play it safe.

Thank you I will do that. I'm doing a tank change to get rid of all the nasty bits stuck to him then I'm leaving him alone for a while.

No problem! Bettas are my favorite fish, last I counted I had 23 + fry, so I have gotten used to them jumping and having to treat for it. 95% of the time they have turned out to be fine if I found them before they died outside f the water

Back
Top Bottom