Fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcutajar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Attached is a photo of how my water is going its been four days since i started i kinda cheated by taking some water (7 litres) from another tanks.
Ammonia was 4.0 yesterday
Nitrite was 0.25 yesterday
Didnt check nitrate

How long before ammonia = 0 and nitrite = 0
So i can do a massive water change and start adding my fish?

My tank is 130 Litres if that help

image-1821456942.jpg

IMO I'd do a water change 50% and re check in 24 hours. Your nitrites and ammonia are very high. What are you using for an ammonia source. I never had all levels high like that at the same time. It usually comes in stages.

So i use prawns to get to 4+ ppm 2 days ago. And i used my girlfriends water from her tank as she had nitrites present

I added the water with nitrites so the mature bacteria would star converting my ammonia, was i wrog in doing that, and 2 prawns for 24 hours

I added the water with nitrites so the mature bacteria would star converting my ammonia, was i wrog in doing that, and 2 prawns for 24 hours

Your beneficial bacteria doesn't live in water as its not free floating. It lives on your decor, rocks etc and in the media. Your better off using media from a healthy established tank. If your girl friends tank has nitrites then its not mature and established IMO.

I know her tanks not good. Lol. What should i do now

Also how did my nitrites increase over one night?

Also how did my nitrites increase over one night?

Did you read the links I posted? Your tank is cycling although IMO you could use a 50% water change and then test again 24 hours later. Your levels are very high. What size tank again? And what's your filtration like?

My tank is aqua one 620T, 120Litres so filtration is built in, and i read the links i just assumed my seeding material could be he water

I used her water because i thought the bacteria was in there, and so my nitrite to nitrate bacteria can start being produced

Back
Top Bottom