Fishless cycle??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ICDeadFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am about to start a new tank. What do you think about a fishless cycle? Using pure ammonia? Any advice? I've heard it's the best way. Then, I've heard it's the worst.

I just found this online...the method is to add 4-5 drops of pure ammonia per 10 gallons of water, once a day until nitrite becomes measurable. At that point cut back to 2-3 drops per 10 gallons of water, per day. When nitrite and ammonia are both at zero, the tank is cycled. At this point a substantial water change of 25% or more is advised, then add your fish.

What do you think?

With the raw shrimp am I putting my tank at risk for any diseases? Where can I find pure ammonia? Everywhere I've looked it's a detergent.

With the raw shrimp am I putting my tank at risk for any diseases?
No, get the shrimp were you would normally by fish to eat and all should be fine.
Where can I find pure ammonia? Everywhere I've looked it's a detergent.
This is a problem for many. Check out the North Carolina forum and see if anyone knows where to get plain ammonia.

BTW~
[center:274c9dd216] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, ICDeadFish!! :n00b: [/center:274c9dd216]

Back
Top Bottom