Fishless Cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will be close, might be able too. I'm pretty sure you should be able to before New Years. If it is cycled then, you could stock your tank on New Years Eve. :)

Mabye it would be good luck. LOL I would laught if i put the fish in in the first minute of the new year. Kinda impractical though. To save satrting a new thread... Heres my final stocking plan. Could someone tell me if it looks ok?

3 cherry barbs
6 zebra danios
5 panda corys
1 gourami (or a different centerpiece fish im not completely sure)

30G tank? I think it will work just fine. Could even go 5 Cherry Barbs if you want, as they do well in groups. I got 2 Fire Red Dwarf Gouramis for my centerpiece fish in my 26G. They are brightly colored, and look great. Once you get a definite plan for fish, post it. :)

The 1:2 or 1:3 ratio is for breeding fish like cichlids. But for barbs, I don't think there's any set way to make them happy except larger groups. I have a group of 5 tiger barbs, 3 albino tiger barbs, and found out my single black little guy is a green tiger barb. They all hang together and are very happy. And I think I'm going to get at least 2 more of the green tiger barbs to even things out. :)

I have a 55G tank, so I can handle a much larger group. I think you'd be ok with 5 cherry barbs in the 30G with your other fish you plan on getting.

You can go any ratio you want. Cherry barbs are pretty peaceful, imo. I believe the males get bright red. Maybe 2m and 4f, or 3 each. It's not like the aggressive cichlids, which is what that rule of thumb is used for, so the female doesn't get so harrassed she ends up injured or dead. Barbs just like being in packs. :)

I think a gourami or an angelfish would be a good centerpiece fish.

We'll see if someone corrects us here. I think it would be ok with cherry barbs. But barbs like tiger barbs, probably a different story, as tigers are very aggressive and fin nippers.

Ok im getting confused... We just went from my tank to wolfs tank without saying so. I was reffering to when wolf said that an angel would make a good centerpiece fish in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom