five gallon set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

horsedogfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I won't get any more fish until I have a quarantine tank, but they want $40 at the lfs. Nothing on craig'slist for a month now. Nothing on ebay. Any ideas?

Do you have a Petco or Petsmart in your area? 10 gallon tanks can be purchased for about $15 to 20 in my area. I think even some Walmarts carry tanks. QT doesn't need to be big or elaborate. :)

Something like this would work too:

plastic+tub.jpg

Do you want a HOB filter with your tank ? Or you only want a bucket for fishes ?

In my case, my main tank is a 29 gallons, and I alway keep a cycled 10 gallon tank (with a filter) with a betta in it.... Just in case I get new fished or plants, I REALLLY hate white spots !

I just keep a spare HOB running on one of my tanks (or you can keep extra filter sponges/biomedia in your canister) and use it when needed, which is why I don't need an actual tank per se.

I just keep a spare HOB running on one of my tanks (or you can keep extra filter sponges/biomedia in your canister) and use it when needed, which is why I don't need an actual tank per se.

When your remove your HOB bio's from your main canister, you don't get any little taste of ammonia ?

Back
Top Bottom