Flake food recomendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you pour the Tetra flakes in, in particular, there are wildly various colors of flakes -- red, green, etc.; is this not a more well-rounded diet of sorts based on the color mix?

The 'colors' are nothing more than cheap artificial chemical dyes which are not only unhealthy but also linked to possible behavioral issues, allergic reactions and carcinogens for mammals. I dont believe extensive studies have been performed in respect to the damage these chemcials have on aquatic creatures. Quality brands use natural products to 'color' food such as caroteniods, marigold extracts, lycopene, paprika, annatto, chlorophyll, etc.

I second Ken's food. You get a TON of food for the money, and nothing but good reviews on his stuff. I've been using his stuff for a year, and my guys are super healthy. He has a nice variety as well. You can buy a bag each of a veggie type, mixed type and meaty type, and they will last well over a year. Can't beat it as far as I'm concerned.

And what are the thoughts on new life spectrum

I frequently hear it compared with omega one

How does the price and quality compare?

And what are the thoughts on new life spectrum

I frequently hear it compared with omega one

How does the price and quality compare?

The quality of New Life Spectrum is excellent. My fish absolutely love it. They finish it off in less than one minute. Omega One is very good for sure. NLS is better in my opinion. Either way, you cannot go wrong.

I use Omega One as well in ALL my fish tanks. I feed fish, shrimp, cory catfish, they also make algea wafers for algae eaters this is the only brand I use for food except for my ADF's I haven't been able to find an Omega One can for them, actually does anybody know if they make ADF pellets?

Also I don't think anybody has mentioned it but don't buy your fish food in bulk it goes stale. I usually buy enough only to last me a month or month and a half.

Just TODAY I bought THESE:

images

They definitely have a "seafood" scent and while I didn't notice the fish really going all that "batty" for them when I tried them out in the tank today, they seem to have a nice goldish/reddish color, I suppose from the shrimp that's in there...

What do you all make of these?

From all accounts I'm receiving thus far, New Life Spectrum and Omega One are the foods to feed...

Back
Top Bottom