Flame angel- good or bad idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicoleIsStoked

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is currently stocked with:

2x ocellaris clownfish (2.5" each)
1x bicolor angelfish (3")
1x blue regal tang (2")
1x foxface Lo (5")
3x green chromis (1" each)
1x diamond goby (4")

Tank is 4 feet long and yes I'm aware the blue regal will eventually become too large but she's very happy and healthy right now and I will likely be upgrading to a much larger tank in the next 2 years.

I would like to get a flame angel and am wondering what the chances are that he will fight with my bicolor or my tang?

Everyone else will advice that only 1 angel fish should be in a tank. I learned my lesson the hard way. I had a flame angel and when I added the coral beauty the flame angel just slowly harassed her until she perished.

Most of the hobbyists I've talked to who have/had one said they were fine, but then again they had more SPS. I really don't know, but it sounds that the people with SPS dominant tank don't have a problem. It's still 50/50.

Edit: Nevermind...that didn't even answer your question. Wouldn't recommend two together in a 4 foot tank.

Very bad idea. Two fish that look similar will behave aggressively so the bicolor and flame angel would fight.

Assuming that bi color angel is small... And u have a 4ft tank, u may be fine as the flame angel is a dwarf. My flame angel is very peaceful and doesn't bother any of the fish in my tank and I do have another angel and tangs in my tank. It's not recommended to have 2 Angels, but with that size of tank to those small fish I think you'll be fine.

I would not suggest puting them together. I think youd end up with a dead angel at some point.

Back
Top Bottom