Flame Angel with Ich maybe something else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solidsnakejv

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got this flame angel a week ago. Second day i noticed a few white spot around his head, but they could have been particles in the water that got attached to him because they kept on going away sporadically. The next day he started scratching against the rock, which i know is big warning for ich, then the third day i noticed that his forehead was peeling and it has been getting worse since. I first thought that he might be the cause of him scratching against rocks. It always gets worse overnight. Now i'm thinking is something else. Any ideas?
It's nothing on his skin, it's his flesh being open, but there's no redness to it. can't get a clearer picture.
Im treating the tank with this:

Microbe-Lift.com :: Herbtana (Reef)

Attachments

• IMAG0298.jpg
    IMAG0298.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 126
Looks like hole-in-head disease for which there is no guaranteed cure. Some suggest dosing anti biotics. The cause is parasites or even poor water quality or inappropriate diet.

Looks like hole-in-head disease for which there is no guaranteed cure. Some suggest dosing anti biotics. The cause is parasites or even poor water quality or inappropriate diet.

water quality is as good as it gets and he has been eating very well since i got him. He eats the most out of all my fish. Might be the parasites.

Anyone know what i can treat the tank with without having to get him out and is reef safe?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom