flame dwarf gourami. Sick or stressed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish friend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a dwarf flame gourami a couple days ago and he's opening and closing his mouth really fast and his full are pumping fast. He's got places to hide. Lots actually. Everything else is fine,water is all good, tankmates are good( green neon tetra and cory cats ) and he's got a big appetite ( I feed he and his mates twice a day and he eats a lot and grazes on my moss ball. What's wrong? Oh and I do 20 % wc every other day since I saw the symptom.

Do you have enough oxygen in the water? Is he at the surface doing this? And hold off on the water changes for now. See what other people say

I've got 2 and I think that's how they breath. The wc aren't gonna hurt anything as long as you are dechlorinating and it makes you feel good then do them.

Gasping is often a sign of water quality issues. It could be that the fish is in bad shape from his life before you purchased him. Do you have a test kit for exact water parameters? Any sign of ammonia poisoning?
Good job with doing the extra pwc. Any improvement?

Amonia is fine. I'm just confused because other than the described symptom he's fine. His colors are really bright and he eats. I'm a little confused. The water is very well oxygenated.

Yes I did test that stuff. All good. I'll update you guys if I see anything change

you could try it. Do a water change (if you havnt done one yet) and then just put it in the new water.

Back
Top Bottom