flashing :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Did 100% wc when I changed my substrate today now 1/2 of my stock are flashing. Could it be because of the large wc? Is there something I should be doing for it or just wait and see what happens?

It's horrible watching your fish act strange, when you say 'flashing' do you mean they're flicking & twitching? Any signs of anything else?
Have you checked your water parameters?
How long has the tank been running?
Did you change all of the substrate?

Just rubbing on the sand occasionally... Parameters have been great tank is only a month old, been cycling with 2 active filters from angelsplus and my fishes of course. I'm very OCD about my water quality. I did change it all... I know I probably jumped the gun but I figured I would do it now rather than risk the chance of a mini cycle down the road...

No signs of anything else, everyone has been very healthy running 2 hob filters, Aquaclear 110 and Topfin 60 on a 55g.

Hopefully they will settle down but sometimes that's an early sign of ich. What type of fish do you have?

What was the pH before and after? Did you match the temp?

I see some of mine flashing after 50% WC's. I suspect it's the pH swing.

Some fish tend to be very sensitive to different water parameters. If the OH is swinging this would do it. There could be something in the water that is irritating there skin as well. A few weeks back I did a typical water change and my fish started twitching like the water itched. I did small daily water changes until I changed all the water.

Have you just put sand in? When I changed from gravel to sand y fish were twitching about in it, I guessed they were jus trying out thier new surroundings lol :)

Ardynas said:
What was the pH before and after? Did you match the temp?

I see some of mine flashing after 50% WC's. I suspect it's the pH swing.

Temp was matched and doses with prime, my ph from the tap is very close to what the tank has been measuring but not spot on...

xtra51 said:
Some fish tend to be very sensitive to different water parameters. If the OH is swinging this would do it. There could be something in the water that is irritating there skin as well. A few weeks back I did a typical water change and my fish started twitching like the water itched. I did small daily water changes until I changed all the water.

I do daily changes because of my cycle, never did 100% till last night tho :)

maestromad said:
Have you just put sand in? When I changed from gravel to sand y fish were twitching about in it, I guessed they were jus trying out thier new surroundings lol :)

Yes I did! They have been playing and digging a lot :)

Ahh I see I see, lots of work you got going there! You should get an Aqueon Water Changer! Makes it so much easier!

xtra51 said:
Ahh I see I see, lots of work you got going there! You should get an Aqueon Water Changer! Makes it so much easier!

Oh my, TONS of work lol! I fashioned a syphon out of a garden hose that I use to get the water out send it directly out the window. Then I use another hose and duct tape it to the faucet and fill the tank up :) is the aqueon wcer similar to a python? I've never seen one_

Oh my, TONS of work lol! I fashioned a syphon out of a garden hose that I use to get the water out send it directly out the window. Then I use another hose and duct tape it to the faucet and fill the tank up :) is the aqueon wcer similar to a python? I've never seen one_

Yah they are, except the Aqueon is so much better IMO! I really like it and it works well for me. Grant it I just got it so I haven't used it on all of my tanks yet, just one ;)

Yah they are, except the Aqueon is so much better IMO! I really like it and it works well for me. Grant it I just got it so I haven't used it on all of my tanks yet, just one ;)
Just googled it! Pretty fancy! I totally need one, I cant tell you how much prime and fish water I have swallowed :lol:

AndrewsPistol said:
Just googled it! Pretty fancy! I totally need one, I cant tell you how much prime and fish water I have swallowed :lol:

I thought you were gonna get one? They are life savers

boadams87 said:
I thought you were gonna get one? They are life savers

My hose dealy has been slim the job pretty well so I just been using that BUT I am growing tired of mouthfuls of water lol!

AndrewsPistol said:
My hose dealy has been slim the job pretty well so I just been using that BUT I am growing tired of mouthfuls of water lol!

Just screw it on, turn on the water insert in tank!!!! All they are to it!!!!

Back
Top Bottom