Flatworm on mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

havefun

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked these 2 mushrooms up last weekend and one has what looks like some kind of parasite on it. It moves around (very slowly) but doesn't look like it leaves a trail at all. Should I try to get rid of it or is it ok?

TIA

Attachments

• id_131.jpg
    id_131.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 136
they can become a nuisence if you let them grow out of control. if you want to get rid of them a good product is flatworm exit.

This may be a dumb question but since it looks like it's just this one can I pick/scrape it off or would that damage the mushroom?

If there is one you probably have more so keep a watchful eye.

Will do, thanks.

Thanks for the link, that was interesting. I did what he did and used a small air hose and sucked him right off. The mushroom is not real happy about that though, right now it is kind of shriveled up, especially right where I suctioned.

Thanks again everyone!

Next time you may wish to do a quick freshwater dip. They start to fall off right when the water touches them and then they explode shortly after.

not all FW are a pest. Its the red/brown ones that can multiply in plague proportions.
I put a few drops of flat worm exit in the bag of all new corals that I get. My friend has them so bad in his 180 the sand was covered with so many you could not see the sand. He had millions of them..

seaham358 said:
I put a few drops of flat worm exit in the bag of all new corals that I get...

I thought of doing that to some of my LR, but was afraid it would hurt other things in it, like micro brittle stars that I'd want to keep. Do you know if it specifically targets the flatworm and leaves everything else alone? Thx.

Next time you may wish to do a quick freshwater dip.

How quick (a few minutes or less than that)? And is that safe for all/most corals? Or is the FW Exit the safer method?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom