fleas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frontline, k9advatage 2, sentry, adams, give the cat a bath with the blue dawn dish soap and buy a monthly treatment. Cap star is great and available at petsmart or your vet. Bath is a must though

Get a Flea comb, and comb your cat for Fleas, first. Next give your cat a Flea bath. There is a specific Flea shampoo available at all petstores. Next I would suggest throwing all your cats bedding away, double or triple bag it. Of course, there will be fleas hiding elsewhere, but that should get most of them out. Is your cat able to go where your fish tanks are?

The saltwater is in the living room so yes. My office has my freshwater and no. Gave bath going to get frontkine tomorrow but I want to treat the apt

How big is the SW tank? You could move it into the office, then treat the rest of the house, maybe?

Try thr sentry household spray. I have had alot of great reviews on it and the best part is, if you buy from petsmart, you can return it if it doesnt work. Cant be completely empty though

I would suggest frontline or advantage so that the cat will be treated for up to 4 weeks (or a similar prescription from your vet). Vacuum daily, and look onto diatomaceous earth to sprinkle if you have carpeting. Sprinkling salt and baking soda in lieu of diatomaceous earth is a great natural and non harmful remedy that I've had great success with. (no fumes in the air such as you get with a bomb).

Just google "kill fleas with salt and baking soda".

I have 7 dogs, had 4 cats, and am taking care of a bunch of strays. Bathing in dishwashing liquid will kill adult fleas and is safe for the cat. Do not put several different things on your pets. It will make it sick. Stick to one treatment for the cat and one for the environment. I use pills from the vet for the cats. You give the animal one pill a week. Then go to any department store like Walmart and get Sergeants carpet powder that kills flea eggs, larvae, and adults. Lightly dust the cats bedding, around the baseboards, and furniture. Wait a couple of hours and vacuum. Repeat at weekly intervals. If you can wash the pets bed, hot water will kill the fleas. Cats are more sensitive to chemicals so be careful. If you see the cat drooling or foaming at the mouth, wash with soap immediately and give a 25 mg tablet of benadryl. Take to a vet. For outside, if you have a yard, get a good yard treatment and use it as directed. Their is a spray that kills eggs, larvae, and adult too. Only use the powder or the spray. Not both.

You can also set out a pan of water with a squirt of soap under a night light or other light source. Turn off all other lights at night and the fleas will jump at the light, hit the water, and die. Works surprisingly well to get rid of the adult fleas.

Lol... Why are we talking about fleas (not even water fleas / copepods) in the "planted tank" section, let alone an aquarium forum? Perhaps this should be in the off topic sub forum?

Lol... Why are we talking about fleas (not even water fleas / copepods) in the "planted tank" section, let alone an aquarium forum? Perhaps this should be in the off topic sub forum?

My default forum is here lol and its partly due to my worry for my planted tank with house flea treatments. We can move it though

I think she was concerned about the welfare of her tank while treating the house for fleas. I would find that to be a valid concern for her fish occupants. :) Especially with bombing and such.

Yes definitely. And if you do decide to bomb your house with flea killer then you must remove your tanks and all living things for 24 hours

Petsmart sells a carpet powder that you use like carpet fresh and worked great when my dog got fleas from the dog park. Do the frontline and bath stuff but the powder should take care of anything else in your carpets

We sell sentry, another one I cant remember the name but its all natural ingredients, zodiac, adams, and also for the richer spenders we sell frontline carpet powder

Thanks ill head over tomorrow and get some gonna super treat apt on Monday and steam clean etc

Back
Top Bottom