Flesh eating???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliSab

Aquarium Advice Activist
Guys I checked my fish out and his tail is about to fall off. I don't know what the heck happened. There aren't any aggressive tank mates.

I'm suspecting bacteria...

What should I do for this little guy?

IMG_7841.jpg

Silly question but are you positive there is nothing aggressive? Bacterial shouldn't do that over-night so to speak.

If still thinking bacterial, needs to go into a spare tank (would have to into one anyway for attempting to cure).

I'm pretty sure there's nothing aggressive. Other tank mates include four other cpd, 4 cory cats, a couple of shrimp, and about a half dozen snails.
Honestly I'm getting ready to euthanise. This is way beyond what my capabilities are as a fish keeper, and he's just floating at the top of the water now. I want to put him out of his misery... Poor little guy.

It didn't really happen over night, so to the speak. I suspect it started several days ago, however work has kept me very tied up for the last couple of weeks and I haven't been able to do anything more than water changes and feeding. I just noticed this yesterday, probably way too late :(

It is done. He is in fish heaven now. RIP little cpd.

Back
Top Bottom