Flintstone Auqascape???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hellfire_436

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I want to make a Flintstone aquascape for my kids But I don't know what type of material I can use> I want to build Bedrock city houses little plastic Cars and Ppl if that is ok , but what can i use to make the houses?

You could use Slate to construct the houses, use silicone (GE Silicone 1) to hold them together. Plastics would be ok, although I would make sure that there food safe or designed for younger kids ( IE put in there mouths) cause you don't wanna stick cheap plastics that may leach into the water.

Oh you can also use acrylics, so if you find little molded acrylic people they should be safe, just see what sort of paint is on em.

Id use slate and stones, I use PH down to test the rocks to see if they are aquarium safe( no bubbles= fish safe, boil and bake).

I am building caves right now well yes caves or houses as fred and barney would put it. I did my tank with the help of my kids, its one of the best looking tanks I have ever seen IMO. they picked the fish( i pick quality and if they are mixables or not) the decor and the substrate, I put it together and spent all the money on it, but it was a very fun time.

^^^ HAHAHAHA, I BOUGHT IT!

My kids( 4 & 3) are having an issue with the " I bought it" part, for some reason the two of them think that everything is theres, cant wait till this stage is over..it does end right?

What needs to be done to the lego's for tank use? thats a neat idea. wonder if the coasters work under water...

Back
Top Bottom