Floating Black Moor - Getting Worse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bollomatron

Aquarium Advice Newbie
1~What type of fish is afflicted?
Female Black Moor - She has always had minor issues with floating at the top especially after eating (All types of food). But recently it has gotten a lot worse and cannot really get herself to the food properly. A bit of her belly looks sore and sticks out of the water, this causes a little bit of cotton wool growth on the exposed part.:(

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Dont have current values but every time I have checked it they have been fine.

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
200L at least 3 years.

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number
External 1000L per hour - All Pond Soloutions EF1+With 9W UV Sterliser.

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
3 Fish Total - 1 x Female Black Moor (Sick) 5cm Body, 1 x Female Orange Ryukin/Goldfish 5cm body & 1 x Male White/Orange Ryukin 7.5cm body.
3 x Zebra Snails

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? once a week and approx 30-40 litres

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
7 Years total for all 3, since they were just over 1cm each, have upped tank size and filtration as required.

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
No Nothing has changed. Use tap safe with new water and have always done that.

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
Usually Hikari Oranda Gold Mini Fish Food Pellets as they all seem to love it. but I have tried all the recommended alternatives, including Frozen/fresh blood worms, Defrosted and Pealed peas. Flake foods etc etc....
95% of the time its the Hikari food though.

I am very concerned for the her and don't think she has much of a life, the other 2 fish are perfectly healthy and very active. I have even started to help her to eat by holding her the right way around so she can gulp at the food, its almost like she knows I am helping her and she just lets me. They aren't very coordinated fish at the best of times anyway these fish. I dont want her to miss out because the other 2 scoff all the food before she has a chance.

Other than the fact she is floating like this she doesn't seem stressed and her eyes are bright.

Any new things to try I would really appreciate, would hate to have to put her down. Only medical treatments I have tried are Melafix and a while back something to help with the cotton wool. but that was over 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom