floating plants: fertilize?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I take it I shouldn't mix the ferts in the "new" water when I do water changes before adding it to the tank? That was my plan. I also add Prime at the same time.

That should be fine. Just as long as it's not mixed together in the same bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I moved my plants to a bucket and covered it with a spare LED tank light that I'm just leaving on all the time. I ordered some fertilizers online. While I wait for them to arrive (should be a week or two) I'm wondering if I can add any of the plant fertilizers that I have in my house, like Miracle Gro, to the water. There are no fish to harm in the bucket, but I'm wondering if it would be unsafe to move the plants back into the tank in a few weeks time when my fishes' salt treatment is done. What if I rinse the plants before adding them back?

Any thoughts on this? Is it OK to use Miracle Gro for the plants in the above scenario?

I wouldn't. You just want the relevant dry salts or water with added dry salts. There may be some other stuff in there that isn't worth taking the risk with.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom