Floating Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopefulHobbiest

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This may be better suited for the planted tank forum but i'll give it a shot here...

keep in mind that the closest places to me are Petsmart, Petco and maybe a walmart...

where can i find floating plants?? and what kind would you suggest for a 55G planted with floramax T8 Bulbs

so i found something that looks appealing...

only problem is the serrated leaves :(

copied from petco.com:
Egeria densa

This is a background plant. Aquatic plants not only add beauty but also improve the water quality and add color to your aquarium. These plants absorb carbon dioxide and nitrates, and provide shelter and security for fish. The leaves on the Egeria densa are slightly serrated and are bright green in color. Quick propagation occurs through shoots and nodes. This plant can be rooted into the substrate or can be free floating

this also looks nice...

again from petco.com:

Brazilian Pennywort

Also known as Brazilian Water Ivy.
This is a mid ground or background plant. Aquatic plants not only add beauty but also improve the water quality and add color to your aquarium. These plants absorb carbon dioxide and nitrates, and provide shelter and security for fish. The Brazilian Pennywort is a very undemanding plant that grows quickly. Although named Brazilian Pennywort, this plant is actually from Mexico and Argentina. Can be grown in substrate or free floating. Free floating plants will grow quickly and may cover the entire surface of a tank. Propagation occurs via shoots

HopefulHobbiest said:
only problem is the serrated leaves :(
What do you mean? It's not like it is a steak knife, serrated is just a description of leaf characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom