Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in North Palm Beach County...

Have any of you ever visited The Planted Aquarium Store in Oakland Park before?? Coolest store ever. I just took the hour long drive and visited there yesterday. Completely freshwater! They have all sorts of nano fish, shrimps, rare fish, plants, CO2 stuff, ferts, you name it! Was so excited about it, I thought I'd share with everyone lol. Worth the trip if you're near the Lauderdale area.

okapizebra said:
I'm in North Palm Beach County...

Have any of you ever visited The Planted Aquarium Store in Oakland Park before?? Coolest store ever. I just took the hour long drive and visited there yesterday. Completely freshwater! They have all sorts of nano fish, shrimps, rare fish, plants, CO2 stuff, ferts, you name it! Was so excited about it, I thought I'd share with everyone lol. Worth the trip if you're near the Lauderdale area.

Well I live near Fort Lauderdale but originally from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. So I'm as Southern as they come. But I agree it definitely doesn't seem you are in the South down here.

And never been to that store, but just discovered it on a Google search. Definitely plan on a visit soon.

I'm in Fort Lauderdale.... Its sad... it doesnt get any more south then Broward/Dade/Monroe... yet... we're not part of the south! LOL

It's funny ... There's a show called The States and the episode that featured FL specifically mentioned how Northern FL was more southern and Southern FL was more northern (more NE retirees) Apparently the Orlando area seems to be the dividing line.

I've never heard of "The Planted Aquarium Store" nor been there... but then again, I dont do fresh water... do they have any salt stuff?? Might want to swing by to see what they have...

Nope no salt fish or inverts... But they do have a lot of tanks and products and stuff for sale. Lots of nano tanks available as well, and things like rimless tanks that pet stores don't usually sell.

In Tampa. Not too much to choose from fish-wise that's close. Marine Warehouse has the most selection in Tampa but I've noticed every once in a while they get lazy and get some ich in fw.
Other than that there are a few smaller places but they don't have much.

Mr.Pleco said:
In Tampa. Not too much to choose from fish-wise that's close. Marine Warehouse has the most selection in Tampa but I've noticed every once in a while they get lazy and get some ich in fw.
Other than that there are a few smaller places but they don't have much.

I hear there's a place somewhere in south Tampa off of Henderson somewhere? I've gotten a few fish and supplies from Coral Reef on Armenia and Waters for cheap too.

I hear there's a place somewhere in south Tampa off of Henderson somewhere? I've gotten a few fish and supplies from Coral Reef on Armenia and Waters for cheap too.

I've been to all the places in Tampa. Most are sw. Coral Reef has a small fw selection but mostly sw.
Hoping to make it to Brandon to see the places out there

Mr.Pleco said:
I've been to all the places in Tampa. Most are sw. Coral Reef has a small fw selection but mostly sw.
Hoping to make it to Brandon to see the places out there

Aqua star and Creature Castle are the only places out here. Aqua star has more selection of sw but aren't open on Sunday. Creature castle has two locations, one is further down in Valrico.

I don't think I know all of the Tampa spots. I think I'm missing a few, and I know of no spots in pinellas or Polk county.

I'm near Ocala Leesburg to be exact if there's anyone wantin to start a fish club around here or is part of one around here I would love to join I'd be doin it myself but don't know many aquarists in my area pm me with info

Jacksonville Beach Checking in! New Club North Florida Fish keepers! Facebook it!

Florida is very diverse, that is for sure! I live in central Florida.... in north Lake County, kind of halfway in between Orlando and Gainsville. Plus I live close to "The Villages" which is this crazy huge retirement community. I get to meet a lot of patients from all over and they're always surprised that I'm native floridian.. I tell them yep, I was here before the villages took over!

Yup I miss those days I've been even seeing golf carts in Fruitland park now WTF is goin on lol

You guys should buy, A Land Remembered by Patrick D. Smith.

Miami checking in....lol!

Haha howdy neghibor what a small world. That's y I love this forum never know who you will meet. I've been feeling the beggining of a local fish club possibly coming together. Have been tossing the idea around to a few people i know we just don't know enough local hobbieists.

Back
Top Bottom