Flourish excel questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejaramillo01

Aquarium Advice Addict
Started to use Flourish excel in my tank. It is not heavy planted, I have some anubias, java fern, amazon swords, and I just added two Anacharis.
The tank is 100G, with two TH5 bulbs, 46 watts each.
I use root tabs for the plants, and i started to add once a week a small doses of Flourish Comprehensive. also recently started to add Flourish excel.... Here are my questions :

1.- Will the excel affect the Anacharis?
2.- If I use root tablets, Am I overkill it with the flourish comprehensive?
3.- Why too many people don't like the Excel? I read about being bad for the plants, others love it....??????

Thanks for your answers

Started to use Flourish excel in my tank. It is not heavy planted, I have some anubias, java fern, amazon swords, and I just added two Anacharis.
I use root tabs for the plants, and i started to add once a week a small doses of Flourish Comprehensive. also recently started to add Flourish excel.... Here are my questions :

Excel will melt the Anarcharis leaves

No ... I use both ... amazon swords for example are root feeders,
3.- Why too many people don't like the Excel? I read about being bad for the plants, others love it....??????
Basically go back to question #1.

Thanks for your answers

Answers are in red ...

No. They just tend to be sensitive to excel. That said, I've dosed Excel pretty regularly with anacharis and valisnera and have never had them melt. I don't dose heavily with excel though, usually just eyeball half doses.

So my experience with it melting certain plants is just from what other's have mentioned.

Thanks for your answers

1. Excel is well known of melting vals and anacharis but if you will not put the dose directly on top of them, it will not affect them that much.

2. Root tabs are good for your swords coz they are heavy root feeders, they don't benefit on the liquid ferts. They don't feed ferts in their leaves, they do from the roots.

3. Because of the melting problems. But if you won't dose it directly on top of them, it makes a big difference.

daileene said:
1. Excel is well known of melting vals and anacharis but if you will not put the dose directly on top of them, it will not affect them that much.

2. Root tabs are good for your swords coz they are heavy root feeders, they don't benefit on the liquid ferts. They don't feed ferts in their leaves, they do from the roots.

3. Because of the melting problems. But if you won't dose it directly on top of them, it makes a big difference.

Thanks Daileene! I will try the half a dose, and not in top of them.

Back
Top Bottom