Flourish Iron

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skywhitney

Aquarium Advice Addict
Very time i dose with flourish iron my tank gets a white foggy look to it. Has anyone experienced this? What in the Flourish could be the cause of this?

I dose EI every Mon, Wed, Fri so nothing elsewas dosed in the tank today.

How much do you dose and what kind of filter do you have? I dose Flourish Iron as well in my 75 gallon tank but I've never noticed any sort of clouding.

Luananeko said:
How much do you dose and what kind of filter do you have? I dose Flourish Iron as well in my 75 gallon tank but I've never noticed any sort of clouding.

7 ml for my 67g tank. I'm running a Fluval 406.

Hmmm, that's around the same dosage proportion I do for my 75 gallon. Do you have carbon in one of the Fluval filtration baskets? If you don't then that might be why you're getting the cloudyness. I'm not sure what it is in the iron supplement that would be causing the haze though.

Luananeko said:
Hmmm, that's around the same dosage proportion I do for my 75 gallon. Do you have carbon in one of the Fluval filtration baskets? If you don't then that might be why you're getting the cloudyness. I'm not sure what it is in the iron supplement that would be causing the haze though.

I don't run carbon unless i need to so no i don't have any.

Back
Top Bottom