Flow in planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok all, I have a question about my 10gall
m HOB filter creates quite the flow, and I have it set on the tank to blow to the side and not forward ...I have this because it is strong enough to be makeing my water wysteria growing at an odd angle lol, is their anyway to help with this or...? is it OK for the plant?
thanks a ton :D

Yes, buy an extra piece of filter sponge for your HOB and cut it to fit the width across your back flow ramp lip where the water returns to the aquarium. Then slice it on the edge and fit it over the lip. I then use a rubber band, going around the entire filter and running across the ramp to hold the sponge in place.
This will dampen the return flow down so much that you won't even know the filter's running. It' a great trick to use to cut surface disturbance in a tank where CO2 is being injected. And it should not affect the HOB's ability to function at all.:)

Len

djlen3 said:
Yes, buy an extra piece of filter sponge for your HOB and cut it to fit the width across your back flow ramp lip where the water returns to the aquarium. Then slice it on the edge and fit it over the lip. I then use a rubber band, going around the entire filter and running across the ramp to hold the sponge in place.
This will dampen the return flow down so much that you won't even know the filter's running. It' a great trick to use to cut surface disturbance in a tank where CO2 is being injected. And it should not affect the HOB's ability to function at all.:)

Len
awesome! would it disrupt the DIY CO2 being pushed through the filter or should I invest in a small water pump?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom