Flow...noob..14 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseynewton

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm starting a 14 gallon Biocube. I was wondering what power head I should add. Any opinions?

The tank has been set up for over a year. Just recently converted to reef. With coral it's been up for two weeks.

Attachments

• image-1281149086.jpg
    image-1281149086.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 99
Fish shops sell nano powerheads. Any small one should be fine nothing too extrem should be nessasary for a tank that size. Very nice tank btw. 14g hqi?

Jacobsal91 said:
Fish shops sell nano powerheads. Any small one should be fine nothing too extrem should be nessasary for a tank that size. Very nice tank btw. 14g hqi?

Nvm, not hqi just saw the light lol

Oh an hqi is a different biocube model, it has a reallllly nice light fixture. But personally i think LED is better lol
Any small powerhead should do fine, i personally dont own one but when i get more corals im going to purchase one

Yea I've seen some in people's tank where it looks like the motor is outside the tank and the fan is magnetically spinning. Know what that is? It's appealing but can't actually find a product.

That's an Ecotech MP series. The motor runs with electricity, but spins the rotor with magnetics, through the tank wall. The motor runs on the outside and the rotor spins on the inside. Really nice pump, top of the line, but make sure your sitting down when you check out the price!!

HAHAHA yeah........... real pricey. They have over 5 setting on your own little control panel. You can also make small waves with them. Theyre supposedly TINY though for their power. For you, the smallest they make is the MP10. 100-1575 gph I believe. Runs about $235.

Yea I was reading about it last night. I have to call them and ask about warranty. Product looks great I just have picture below for now. Cheat $35.

Attachments

• image-286532888.jpg
    image-286532888.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom