Flowerhorn food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brthoma131

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 3 to 4 in flowerhorn and all it wants
To eat is live fish it won't eat anything else
What should I do?

I would try everything shrimp,blood worms,flakes,and peas. If doesn't like that then stick with feeder fish.

I've tried worms and it won't eat them
Ive heard of feeding pees but I think my fish
Is just picky.
I've also tried the flakes and it just won't eat them

It's not terribly difficult to wean fish off a specific diet, just don't feed anything for 5-7 days and start introducing a proper staple diet of pellets. I've had wild caught fish take to pellets within a couple of weeks, and they've never seen artificial foods before. When the fish gets hungry enough and realizes the pellets are food it will eat them.

Last edited:
It's not terribly difficult to wean fish off a specific diet, just don't feed anything for 5-7 days and start introducing a proper staple diet of pellets. I've had wild caught fish take to pellets with a couple of weeks, and they've never seen artificial foods before. When the fish gets hungry enough and realizes the pellets are food it will eat them.

I agree with this, have done this myself several times. Don't let the fish tell you what diet is best for them, a feeder-only diet is not nearly as good as a quality staple pellet.

Back
Top Bottom