Flowerhorn questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZacksFlowerhorn123

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 4 inch flowerhorn cichlid(currently in a 10 gallon tank but will be moved to a 56 column). When will he start to grow his kok? My profile pic is the only pic I have so far but I could take more... I am currently feeding a quarter cube of beefheart each day. Is this enough? I HAVE HIKARI BIO GOLD MEDIUM FLOATING PELLETS. but he is to shy to go to the top to feed. I got him on Tuesday Btw. He was $27 so yeah. Ho do I post pics of him? Sorry for I am new to this website. :fish2: I also am very curious about hiding places.. I would take a pic of the whole tank setup but again don't know how.. But at the petstore they had a rock slightly raised up for the flowerhorn to swim under sideways and rest!! I thought was soo cool and I want to imitate it! I just want to know if it's safe. (this is a very cool website so far!)

Last edited:
I would give your flowerhorn enough room to rest upright if you make him a cave. If he was on his side at the lfs then he was basically workin with the cover he had at the time imo.
Sending pics is quite easy. I dont know what device you have but for my phone when i either start a thread or post to an existing one there will be an (attachment) option @ the bottom. Click on "attachment" and you'll have the options of taking a pic or going into ur gallery for one.
Hope this all helped.
Welcome to AA!! :)

Back
Top Bottom